Thursday, December 22, 2005

My dog eats Beef.

Darwin is my Pembroke Welsh Corgi puppy. He is infuriatingly hard to take a picture of.

I asked my mom for one thing for Jesusmas, a doggy. She said yeah, I was gonna get you a dog to help herd the cattles anyway. What a waste of a good wish. She had the name of a girl who had a border collie for sale. The day before the dog was supposed to show up the owner called to say she couldn't do it, she couldn't part with him. So, dogless, I went to the Intarwebs to see what I could dig up.
A day later, still dogless, Meghan hit me over the head and told me to stop being dense and not to just look for border collies, as other dogs are herding dogs and a good herding border collie must, by good breeding expectations, be almost completely neurotic. So I wiki-ed herding dogs.

My new dog list read:
1 swedish vallhund.
2 pembroke welsh corgi
3 australian cattle dog (not an australian shepherd)
4 koolie
5 border collie

The vet called on Monday to say some guy south of Mount Vernon had a corgi puppy that he wanted to get rid of. Seeing as swedish vallhunds are really really hard to get and I already had a line on a champion-bred ACD, I wandered over to take a look.

and it was awesome.

so I took it home.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home