Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Ready and Not.

Not that most of you would ever know the difference, but. These are not my cows. I have never seen this fog. It’s just a good picture of some cows in some fog, which happens often enough here to be representitive. (I stole it from these guys.)

Local girl pointed out that the seasons are turning. Leaves dying slow. The Sun failing to appear until he’s good and ready. Me no likey. I’m not ready to run the silo. I’m not ready to unload my herd to manageable feeding levels. I’m not ready to be forced into mowing down hay that still isn’t ready just because there is literally no mo time left. I’m not ready for my cousin and sister to return to their land of hire education. My fences aren’t all fixed. My roof is still askew. I’m not ready.

I am ready, however, for fall. Because Autumn is the best season. Piling blankets on the bed to sleep in a cold room. I’m ready. Trees looking their best. I’m ready. Hot cider. Bonfires. I’m ready. Halloween. Harvest moons. Long underwear. I’m ready.

2 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Lotb:
A few months back, I read through your archives and loved the winter photos. Out here, we have an autumn, but no winter. Just rain day after day. When the leaves turn where you are, and the snow starts to fall, put some pictures up, okay?

8:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Bonfires in the fall are amazing. The crackle of fire. Logs slowly burning until the weight of a new one collapses it all. Actually needing the heat from the flames, having hot hands and a freezing ass in the same moment. Give me fall any day of the week, any week of the year.

My fall wardrobe is killer too.

10:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home