Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Like a Dog.

So last night I went to bed.
Two hours later I was awakened from some sort of nightmare which included feeling like I had three sets of shoulders all trying to fit into my chest.
When I was fully awake, I realized I still felt like that.
Then I threw up repeatedly.Now I'm better. Thanks.
But in the meantime I ended up watching some utter crap movies while trying to find a comfortable position on the couch.
City of Angels and Amistad.
CoA was redeemed briefly by Maggie dying.
Amistad was horseshit. I despise movies that claim to be "based on true events." Excepting maybe only Braveheart. They all take the truth of the matter, reduce it down to events that could only fit truthfully into one or two sentences, and then they're tarred and feathered with bits of hollywood foo-fah. John Quincy Adams did not ever deliver such an insipid speech in defense of a god-like escaped slave. STFU Spielburg.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

Yeah, well... William Wallace wasn't really all that nice of a guy either. I'm pretty sure he liked killing the English and would have kept doing it had he not be handed over by the lying double crossing son of a bitch Robert the Bruce (who also liked killing the English). Then again... they both liked killing the English, so how bad can they really be?

10:21 PM  
Blogger Lord of the Barnyard said...

oh, i'm only claiming that that's the one "based on true" story i do enjoy in movie format. it has the same flaws as all the others, i just don't hate it.

non-fiction books - good
based on true story movies - bad

11:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home