Friday, June 02, 2006

Cow Bio - Mackenzie

ohio-made cohiba

The fine looking animal you see here is Mackenzie. Named for obvious enough reasons. If I could find a pair of giant 80's sunglasses, I would insist she wear them. Like her namesake, Honey Tree Evil Eye (Spuds was a stage name), she's a she. And she takes a damn fine picture.

Mackenzie would be a face lost among the herd if it weren't for her one difference. Even though she doesn't deign to being pet she is usually the first calf into the next pasture. The dairy herd I grew up with needed herded from place to place. You stood opposite where you wanted them to go and hollered your head off. They would slowly move directly away from you. My beefs will do no such thing. If you stand near them and threaten them with shouted soliloquies they will walk in circles. But if you don't do that, sometimes they will follow you. They have discovered that a human must appear for a new pasture to magically open itself to them. There are limits to things they will cross to get to a person. Creeks baffle them. Mackenzie, more than any other calf will cross these obsticles to come to me. And until I find a real working dog, I need her. Three cheers.

There is a rumor that Spot, the Target brand bull-terrier is one of Spuds Mackenzie's offspring.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want a post about Leon damn it.

Leon is way better then the other stupid cows.

4:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home