Friday, December 08, 2006

Part Out.

My last car was a Nissan Sentra SE-R. If you know or care little for cars this means nil. If you *heart* cars you'll probably understand that it's a worthy and somewhat wanted sleeper beast. It has a fairly high performance engine hiding inside an entirely boring and unassuming shell. When modded properly, it becomes a killer.
Every sports car has a following. Al Gore invented the Intarwebs. These two seemingly unrelated inevitabilities birthed the automotive forum. Floyd has Celica-GTS.com. The Sentra has the SR20 forum.

I blew up my Nissan this, what is it now, this spring? And it’s been sitting around ever since. I put a classified ad in the local paper asking for $400, way more than a dead car is worth. I got one reply from some schmuck offering me $100. So yesterday I rolled out plan B. Selling it bit by bit on the SR20 forum.
I don’t know how much I’ll recoup. Not much if you factor in my grease monkey and packaging labor. But it’ll be a fun and learning experience to dismantle it. Especially since it’ll never have to be put back together and I should still be able to get most of the scrap steel worth out of it.


1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

*sniff* (s)he shall be missed :-(

1:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home