Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Cow Bio - Fat Joe

Fat Joe is teh cool. She has singular markings and that means I can tell her apart enough to name her. Or let Rusty name her. But neat-o markings are the least of my favorite calf.
She has something she wants to discuss with me. A couple of months ago she ran up to me, to stand about an arms length away. Calves usually run away or ignore you, they don't often seek out human interaction, so I asked her what was up? And she tried to tell me. She had a bone to pick about something, something to do with the food service people or the shit cleaning people, I couldn't quite make it out. She opened her mouth as wide as it would go, made a noise from the bottom of her throat and shook her head violently. Fat Joe wants to communicate something but the lack of a developed voice box is frustrating her efforts. It's too bad, I'd like to hear what she has to say.
She's done this talking bit a few times now. The other day she was weirded out by a 5-gallon bucket that was sitting in the middle of the barnyard. She wouldn't go within 25 feet of it. I don't know if she thought it possessed or if she had eaten the shrooms off the bottom of the cowpies. But she flat out refused to walk past the bucket till I walked in and took it away.
Rusty named Fat Joe when he first tried to talk with her after I told him she wanted to say something. Not knowing Rusty, but sincerely wanting to talk she waited for him to approach but would lean back when he put his hand out. He decided that only a one named Fat Joe should lean back. And so she was dubbed. Also, like the Fat Joe who infests music video channels, my Fat Joe isn't completely black.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lean back fat joe, lean back.

8:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Personifying cows makes for great reading and story telling. Keep up the good work.

5:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fat Joe needs to stay the heck out of the kitchen.

Cause the bitch can't stand the heat.

7:13 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home