Thursday, March 16, 2006

t.A.T.u.

The story behind my tattoo.
There isn’t one. It has no meaning. The girl that has the same tattoo will tell you the same thing. I don’t know if she is lying or not. I, however, am not lying. My tattoo has no meaning. It’s just pretty.The story behind the fact that there is a girl with the same tattoo that I have.
*I probably wouldn’t objectively believe this account, were it told me. But, it’s still true.
I had wanted a tattoo for a good bit of time. But I couldn’t for the life of me figure out what I would want permanently embedded in my flesh. Then my muse hit me upside the head. Screw nautical stars and skulls and flames and those emo birdies that rip off sailor art. Screw all that, I’ll get big black honking squares on my arm that mean nothing. Ha! Glorious tattoo.
I regret not going right out and getting it put on. Because between thinking it and getting it (a gap of almost a year) I was pointed to a fashion/fetish website (NSFW) which prominently featured a girl by the name of Apnea. It was worth the extra dough for the higher-end muse, because this cheap one was evidently recycling ideas, which is fine in ancient times, but nowadays, internets! Apnea is on the cover of magazines, was a prominently featured suicide girl, and has her own website which has recently been turned into a soft-core pay site. And she has my tattoo. It was her first and only (visible) one for quite some time. She is far more famous than I.
Timeline: She got it, I thought it, I saw her, I talked to her about it, I got it.

She also sent me a link to a crazy good tattoo artist in france. Someday.

6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I still don't believe you.

12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you pay $3.99 a minute to talk to her?

8:29 PM  
Blogger Lord of the Barnyard said...

she wasn't yet for sale when i talked to her. so no, but i would have.

7:15 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew, would you be mad if I got a tatoo of three squares?

2:52 PM  
Blogger Lord of the Barnyard said...

yes pat, but only if you get a tattoo literally of a picture of my arm with the three black squares on it on your arm. mines a little bit skinnier than yours, so it should all fit. best of luck.

1:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Drew would be mad is i got a tattoo of you or the girl on my arm?

9:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home