Thursday, March 09, 2006

Teh Intrawebs.

Because I’m tired of bovine posts.
I don’t remember if I introduced you to the links in my sidebar when I put them up. So here goes (again?).
Wikipedia. This one is self-explanatory. A collective, hence wiki, web-based encyclopedia, hence pedia. It will have Google rivaling penetration of murricans everyday awareness within a year. Good for resolving bets. See also: Snopes.
BLDG BLOG. maps. architecture. housing. mining. the future. smart people. pretty pictures. movie and novel plots. design. transportation. mind boggly.
Steve Talbott doesn’t update much anymore. But his searchable archives are phenomenal. Working third shift, I printed off over one hundred of his essays. Also, I read them. They’re ostensibly about technology and at a glance they come off Luddite, but they cover everything from a singular, well thought viewpoint. Steve is my hero. Don’t take that lightly.
If you’d read any Steve Talbott you’d know that Kevin Kelly is his arch-nemesis. The best thing about Kelly is his cool tools sections that is regularly updated with the most bestest stuff around. Also he used to be the editor of Wired.
Glenn Greenwald may be flash in the pan, but currently he’s one of the hottest political bloggers on the left of the spectrum. His focus and expertise is with First Amendment rights and he’s currently heading up the blogosphere anger concerning the NSA scandal. Of all my links, feel the freeist to ignore this one.

Two of the three badness headed links have complained of their title. They however haven’t figured out a way to bribe me to change it yet.
Dave has been doing this blogging thing far longer than the other two. He’s got his sea legs under him and writes some pithy posts on the current state of retail management, the lack of perfect men wandering aimlessly around uptown and bar stools.
If Steve has a theme to his posts it could only be not having a theme for his posts.
Jon lets you know what you are in for by naming his blog with instructions for use. He writes copy as his day job so in theory he is double-plus proficient at stringing the words together to make-um sentences.

Of all the friends I am still in contact with, I do believe this constitutes all the blogs that they have and still update. Discounting, of course, all MySpace blogs. As a blogger blogger, I am biased.

7 Comments:

Blogger laughjon said...

I'm very happy with my blog's category. It is very bad. You need an angle to have a successful blog. I have an angle, but at the same time it's a bit broad.

4:18 PM  
Blogger laughjon said...

In fact drew could you make a column called, Steaming Pile of Cow Poo. Then put my blog under that?

4:19 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am shocked... SHOCKED to not have earned a spot on your link bar. I may not be as prolific as you (or Chad) with updates... but I think I still deserve mention. I'd even settle for "Steaming Pile of Cow Poo" as suggested by jon. Blawg url: http://www.turbodan.com/ (I wrote my own blog software, beyotches... eat it)

11:08 PM  
Blogger Lord of the Barnyard said...

sorry dan, i'll get that up. i had lost the addy. that's my weak excuse.

10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That and drew doesn't like you anymore beutel.

P.S. I spit on Sara Fetty's hairy back.
P.M.S. Adrienne Fisher is horny.

2:51 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:20 PM  
Blogger Stephen said...

"If Steve has a theme to his posts it could only be not having a theme for his posts."


So you didn't get the package?

11:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home