Friday, October 20, 2006

How Now?

Brown Cow.
Here is what you all want to know, for one reason or another:
I am sticking around the farm for a second year.

I am not a farmer. This is simple. But this summer I made a pact with myself in that if my dad was released within the first year of his sentence I would go through a year’s cycle with him. To learn how I was supposed to do it. To spend time on the homestead. To be able to run things more properly in the future if need be.
That wasn’t an easy decision. Part of me would really like to pack up and head out tomorrow. I don’t belong here. I have things waiting elsewhere. This is not the very first step of me never leaving again. Hell no. If you knew me elsewhere, I will be back.
So this blog will continue. I shall remain to be a poo flinger and a lord over barnyards.

Tomorrow dad teaches me how to castrate a bull. Err, how to castrate about 20 bulls.

7 Comments:

Blogger Lisa said...

Lotb:
I think you are wise to spend the next year with your father. You need each other.

9:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

20 Bulls at once?

2:11 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

10:26 AM  
Blogger Stephen said...

40 bull balls! Good to have you back. This is not an empty promise; Simpson and I are coming.

10:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So, whattya do with the balls once they're cut off? Make stew?

I will do my best to find you the cushiest AD job around. Those A and A ads are famous amongst my geeky friends.

11:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow. Those poor bulls. I've seen the instruments used at my uncle's farm. It does not look like a good experience for anyone involved.

1:52 PM  
Blogger Lord of the Barnyard said...

it was more than 20. whoops.

bull balls aren't "cut off" they're rubber banded and after a week of being deprived blood, they just fall off. so, no, no rotting bull ball soup thank you.

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home