Monday, December 18, 2006

Things Done Gone On.

For the last week I’ve been dismantling and shipping bits of my car. Taking a wrench and a torch to it has been fun. Agreeing on prices, and shipping the bits has been a horror. Don’t ever part out a car in mid-December. Especially when there is only one shipper within easy driving distance.
My dad and I also undertook to straighten and reattach the Quonset hut. It took three tractors, three log chains, a massive come-along, two spud bars, two sledge hammers, 18 unique steel braces, 20 concrete anchors, multiple power tools, and two men 4 days to put her mostly back into place. Though, of all that, the worst of the job was cleaning the inside walls of 7 plus years of accumulated stuff. That took a day and a half in and of itself. *muttering* dirty rusty oily gunky dead.

Christmas is coming. This will be a good Christmas. Last year, my dad was in prison. My brother was unable to join us. My mom was recovering from surgery. I had been in charge of the farm for a month and not liking it. My Aunt and Uncle were more interested in the fact they had just moved into their mostly finished house. It was hot and foggy that day. This one will be better. None of those things are true this year. It’ll be the first time in years that my entire family is together for the mas.
This barn has nothing to do with this post.

1 Comments:

Blogger estelluxx said...

i likes this picture

2:17 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home