Wednesday, March 29, 2006

The Oil We Eat.

I usually try to post original material. Stuff I wrote, to entertain you.
But I read an article this morning. Wow.
If you've ever read and appreciated the science book A Brief History of Everything, you know how writing things you (for the most part) already know in an easy to read way makes them many times easier to understand.
That is this article. This guy can write.

I could go on, but I don't really want to try to tell you what it's about. Just that you will learn something, if you read it. It's a little on the longish side, but well worth it. Copy and paste into your Word equivalent if the narrow format bothers you.

The Oil We Eat. - By Richard Manning

4 Comments:

Blogger Cupcake said...

You might also like The Modern Hunter-Gatherer by Micahel Pollan that ran in last Sunday's New York Times Magazine. Excerpt:

"I'd gotten it into my head that I wanted to prepare a meal I had hunted, gathered and grown myself. Why? To see if I could do it. I was also curious to experience the food chain - which has grown so long and complex as to no longer even feel anything like a food chain - at its shortest and most elemental. And I had long felt that, as a meat eater, I should, at least once, take responsibility for the killing that eating meat entails. I wanted, for once in my life, to pay the full karmic price of a meal."

6:57 AM  
Blogger Lord of the Barnyard said...

thanks. hey, new york times magazine (and everyone else who inists on breaking articles up on multiple pages), some of us are still on dial-up. no, we do not want to click through multiple image-laden pages to read your crap.

6:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So one day while nosing through the various myspaces of ftownites I came across Corwin's. He has a bachelors in psych and is going to law school in the fall. Am I him or is he me? Also you two missed the team meeting today. Losers.

10:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh darn, I knew I forgot something.
Shucks.

3:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home